Re: time table for beta1

От Dan Ports
Тема Re: time table for beta1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 07:04:59PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > What'd be horribly useful would be the pid and the *time* that the lock
> > was taken.. ?Knowing just the pid blows, since the pid could technically
> > end up reused (tho not terribly likely) in the time frame you're trying
> > to figure out what happened during..
>
> Well, I don't think we're likely to redesign pg_locks at this point,
> so it's a question of making the best use of the fields we have to
> work with.

Agreed. Note that the vxid of the transaction that took the lock is
included in there, so that's at least something you could correlate
with a logfile.

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid assuming there will be only 3 states for synchronous_commi