Re: Comments on SQL/Med objects

От Shigeru HANADA
Тема Re: Comments on SQL/Med objects
Дата
Re: Comments on SQL/Med objects  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:24:27 -0400
> Attached.  Foreign tables are already OK, I believe; it's only foreign
> data wrappers and foreign servers that appear to need fixing.

The patch seems good for basic functionarity.  I've tested the patch
and noticed that get_foreign_data_wrapper_oid() is same as
GetForeignDataWrapperOidByName(), so they could be merged.  Also
GetForeignServerOidByName() could be merged.

I changed "foreign data wrapper" in message to "foreign-data wrapper"
for consistency, but it's revertable.

Please see merge_oid_funcs.patch which can be applied onto your patch.

I think some supports can be added for comments on SQL/MED objects.

  - pg_dump support for comment on fdw and server
  - psql describe commands (\dew+ and \des+)
  - psql TAB completion

Please see attached patches for each feature.

While testing pg_dump, I noticed that comment of extension's member
objects are not dumped by pg_dump.  Those comments should be dumped
after CREATE EXTENSION statement?

Regards,
--
Shigeru Hanada

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: edb-postgres.exe has encountered a problem on windows
Сообщение: Re: edb-postgres.exe has encountered a problem on windows