BUG #5957: createdb with description and md5 auth forces to provide password twice

От Grzegorz Szpetkowski
Тема BUG #5957: createdb with description and md5 auth forces to provide password twice
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5957
Logged by:          Grzegorz Szpetkowski
Email address:      gszpetkowski@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.3
Operating system:   Ubuntu 10.10
password twice
Details:

How to reproduce the problem:

1.Create new role with (encrypted password):
createuser -SdRP user
2.In PostgreSQL 9.0.3 I found pg_hba.conf with local all all ident, so
change to local all all md5
3.Restart/Reload used cluster
4.Execute createdb -U user mydb "My DB Description"

Output:

Password:
Password:

creatdb command prompts password twice and I think it's improper behaviour
(and documentation is silent about that).