Re: Move From Oracle DB to PostgreSQL DB

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Move From Oracle DB to PostgreSQL DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 02:43:17PM -0400, gene.poole@macys.com wrote:

> Is there a recent tutorial, white paper, how to on move/migrate from
> Oracle to PostgreSQL?  I can get the Oracle schema DDL by pointing our
> Data Modeling software at the Red Hat Satellite server and extracting the
> DDL.  It will take that Oracle DDL and convert it to PostgreSQL, but only
> version 8.x, and we were planning on looking at the open source PostgreSQL
> 8. Are the differences between versions that great?

Not really, no.  You might also have a look at ora2pg.  I have used
it, and while it still has some sharp corners it works.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca

Сообщение: Re: Move From Oracle DB to PostgreSQL DB
Сообщение: Re: Move From Oracle DB to PostgreSQL DB