BUG #5922: Add-on installation error.

От Luke Gilbert
Тема BUG #5922: Add-on installation error.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5922
Logged by:          Luke Gilbert
Email address:      luke.gilbert@navistar.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0
Operating system:   Windows 7
Details:

Of all the lists, this seems to be be the best place to file this. This
report is not a bug with PostgreSQL; it is a problem with the installer. In
searching the archives, this problem does not appear to have been reported
yet. I apologize if I've submitted this to the wrong list.

When installing postgresql-9.0.3-1-windows_x64.exe on Windows 7, the
installation of PostgreSQL completes successfully. After the installation, I
chose to install the edb_apachephp add-on and the edb_phppgadmin add-on.
When edb_apachephp.exe is run the bitrock_installer_xxx.log file reported
the following (some parts redacted):

----- begin -----
Preferred installation mode : qt
Trying to init installer in mode qt
Mode qt successfully initialized
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EnterpriseDB\ApachePhp APACHE_PORT. Setting
variable apacheport to empty value
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EnterpriseDB\ApachePhp APACHE_HOME. Setting
variable apache_home to empty value
Could not find registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EnterpriseDB\ApachePhp Branding. Setting
variable iBranding to empty value
Using branding: Postgres Plus Add-ons
Executing C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86.exe "/Q"
Script exit code: 3010

Script output:

Script stderr:
 Program ended with an error exit code

Error running C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86.exe "/Q" :
Program ended with an error exit code

To fix this, I located vcredist_x86.exe and ran it as Administrator. I was
given two options: 'Repair' and 'Uninstall'. I chose 'Repair'. Once
vcredist_x86.exe completed, I rebooted. After the reboot, I re-ran
edb_apachephp.exe and it completed successfully.