Re: Sync Rep v17

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Sync Rep v17
Дата
Re: Sync Rep v17  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
Re: Sync Rep v17  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, good news all round.
>
> v17 implements what I believe to be the final set of features for sync
> rep. This one I'm actually fairly happy with. It can be enjoyed best at
> DEBUG3.
>
> The patch is very lite touch on a few areas of code, plus a chunk of
> specific code, all on master-side. Pretty straight really. I'm sure
> problems will be found, its not long since I completed this; thanks to
> Daniel Farina for your help with patch assembly.

+       <primary><varname>synchronous_standby_names</> configuration parameter</primary>
+      </indexterm>
+      <listitem>
+       <para>
+        Specifies a list of standby names that can become the sole
+        synchronous standby. Other standby servers connect that are also on
+        the list become potential standbys. If the current synchronous standby
+        goes away it will be replaced with one of the potential standbys.
+        Specifying more than one standby name can allow very high availability.
+       </para>

Can anybody please enlighten me? I do not quite follow "Other standby
servers connect that are also on the list become potential standbys"
part.

Can I read this as "Other standby servers that are also on the list
become potential synchrnous standbys"?
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan