Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 07:42:20PM +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> ODBC uses it as well. It really uses it for communication. As far as
> Google Code Search can it's the only one that does.
>
> But if the intention is to do it by adding new functions, we can and
> let the ODBC guys sort it out (ERROR: Using incompatable SSL
> connection).

Actually, it would just break. There is currently no way to distinguish
between no-SSL and not-OpenSSL, so ODBC would use PQgetssl() to
determine the SSL status, get NULL and assume there is no SSL active,
and subsequently break when trying to communicate via the sockets.

Frankly I think that this "solution" doesn't meet the usual high
standards of this project...

Have a nice day,
> Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism,
> when hate for people other than your own comes first.
>                                       - Charles de Gaulle

Сообщение: Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Сообщение: Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage