Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephen Frost wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> * Bruce Momjian (bruce@momjian.us) wrote:
> > Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > > Probably readline but does it matter? We distribute the source to the
> > > click installers.
> >
> > Well, there is what the community is risking, and there is what the
> > packagers are risking.  Ideally we would make the job easier for the
> > packagers too, though we don't have to.
>
> I'm really mystified by this.  If the source is available for the
> installers, what's the risk that you're worried about..?  For the
> community or the packagers?

I just posted on this.  The risk is to people using the packages --- the
packages themselves include the source as an option, so they are fine,
but everyone using those packages would also be required to distribute
source, which is a restriction we have avoided in the past.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Сообщение: Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage