Re: updated patch for foreach stmt

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: updated patch for foreach stmt
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Anyway I'm going to start on this patch next, so last chance for
> > opinions about the syntax ...
>
> Oh, I was looking at this one:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-12/msg01557.php
>
> Anyhoo, forcing the explicit ARRAY keyword in there seems like pretty
> cheap future-proofing to me.  YMMV.

+1 for this, I don't see it as a big deal, and I would hate to discover
there's some reason we care (I dunno, implicit casts from ARRAY to
hstore ?) in the future that we're not thinking about now.

This also means there's no ambiguity as to what the iterator variable
should be declared as- if you're doing a FOREACH .. ARRAY, then your
iterator is an ARRAY (if it's not a scalar, of course), full stop.
Thanks,
    Stephen