Re: ALTER TYPE 2: skip already-provable no-work rewrites

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: ALTER TYPE 2: skip already-provable no-work rewrites
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Noah,

* Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 04:06:59PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I've attached a new version of the patch that attempts to flesh out the comments
> based on your feedback.  Does it improve things?

Yes, much better, thanks!

> Offhand, I can't think of any concrete implementation along those lines that
> would simplify the overall task.  Did you have something more specific in mind?

Sadly, no. :)

> For now it seemed like premature abstraction.

Fair enough.

All in all, this patch looks good to me.  Looks like that might be moot,
however, based on Robert's comments.  Still, thanks for it, I certainly
look forward to having it eventually. :)
Thanks again,
    Stephen