Re: Add support for logging the current role

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Add support for logging the current role
Дата
Re: Add support for logging the current role  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> The payoff
> (getting %U) seems quite out of proportion to the potential downsides
> of making a change of this type at this late date.

I'd be happy to go back to the original patch/idea of just the simple
addition of %U as an option for log_line_prefix.  I'd be quite
frustrated to not have *any* way to log the current role in 9.1.  I
don't think anyone is going to be too bent out of shape that we can't do
it with CSV initially, so long as we agree that we'll try and add that
for 9.2.

Pushing the CSV log changes to 9.2 would be fine with me, and I'd be
happy to continue working on it and the GUC changes I was suggesting to
address the long config line, and perhaps figure out a way to handle
changes on SIGHUP.
Thanks,
    Stephen