Re: Add support for logging the current role

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Add support for logging the current role
Дата
Re: Add support for logging the current role  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
* Itagaki Takahiro (itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 04:10, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > Yeah, doesn't seem to work for me (missing '/bin/collateindex.pl',
> > apparently..).
>
> You might need "yum install openjade stylesheets" or similar packages
> and re-"configure".

I've got openjade, etc, installed, but I'm on Debian and it doesn't
appear to include that collateindex.pl anywhere..

> For implementation, write_csvlog() has many following lines:
>  if (curr_field != num_fields) appendStringInfoChar(&buf, ',');
> It will be cleaner if we add first_col flag and move it out of
> the switch statement.

Done.

> Other questions I raised before might be matters of preference.
> I'd like to here about them form third person.
>  * name: log_csv_fields vs. csvlog_fields

Done.

>  * when to assign: PGC_POSTMASTER vs. PGC_SIGHUP

I'm still in the PGC_POSTMASTER camp on this and I really think it's a
more complicated change than just changing that value in the code, even
if we all agreed it should be allowed on SIGHUP (which certainly isn't
the case anyway..).  In the end, if we really want that, we can always
add it in the future.

Updated patch attached, full git log below.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

commit 6bd2b9f1d2bc3b166a3e5598ee590e25159c61a5
Author: Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>
Date:   Fri Feb 11 11:16:17 2011 -0500

    Rename log_csv_fields GUC to csvlog_fields

    This patch renames the log_csv_fileds GUC to csvlog_fields, to better
    match the other csvlog_* options.

    Also cleaned up the CSV generation code a bit by moving the comma-adding
    code out of the switch() statement.

commit a281ca611e6181339e92b488c815e0cb8c1298d2
Merge: d8dddd1 183d3cf