BUG #5870: Cannot get the first popup window during install

От T Zimmerman
Тема BUG #5870: Cannot get the first popup window during install
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5870
Logged by:          T Zimmerman
Email address:      zimmee_freepost@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1-2
Operating system:   Vista Home Premium with SP2
Details:

I cannot get the first popup window during install.  I saw one person on
your blog mention that but didn't see a response.  I just click on the .exe
for 8.4.1 and nothing at all happens.  Things I've tried:
o  Ensuring I am an administrator
o  Run as administrator
o  Creating another user as administrator for the install
o  Turning off Windows User Access Control (UAC)
o  Monitoring the Task Manager (see no evidence)
o  Monitoring the Windows Event logs (see no evidence)
o  Ensuring I have enough memory (3GB seems like enough)
o  Verifying proper hardware which is HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook, 2GHz dual
CPUs, 3GB memory, 32 bit OS

What to do???
THANKS!