Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: remove tags.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: remove tags.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Which way did we more commonly do it before you applied this patch?
>
> We don't have a standard for this, and an undocumented patch applied
> without any discussion doesn't create one.  It's hopeless to imagine
> that you'll ever achieve any uniformity that way.  It won't last long
> if you do, since you're outnumbered by committers who won't be following
> whatever you think the convention is.

Well, the problem is that we then have paragraphs where a number is
fixed width, and in the next paragraph it isn't;  this is particuarly
true in the config.sgml file where we show defaults.  Seems worth trying
to make that consistent.  I am happy to do whatever we agree on --- I
don't have an opinion.

> I'm not even sure why you're trying --- I don't think it even makes
> sense to try to have a standard about this.  I can easily imagine that
> integer constants might read better with <literal> in some contexts
> and better without in others.

Yes, I reviewed all the places and left <literal> where it made sense.

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: remove tags.
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: remove tags.