Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: remove tags.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: remove tags.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 11:12 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> >
> >> Sorry, vague commit message (I forgot squash).
> >
> >> Can I will use git ammend to improve this message?
>
> Absolutely not.
>
> > How about git revert, instead? ?It's not apparent to me that these
> > changes were improvements.
>
> I'll buy that one.

[  CC to docs, committers removed. ]

Well, if we want to revert, then we have to add <literal> to all the
numbers used in our docs --- there was no logic in what we previously
had.  Do we want that?

Here is an example line I did not change:

   an otherwise idle connection.  A value of 0 uses the system default.

Do we want that 0 to appear in a fixed-width font via <literal>?
It is easy to do but we should decide.