Re: How to best use 32 15k.7 300GB drives?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: How to best use 32 15k.7 300GB drives?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* Scott Marlowe (scott.marlowe@gmail.com) wrote:
> There's nothing wrong with whole table updates as part of an import
> process, you just have to know to "clean up" after you're done, and
> regular vacuum can't fix this issue, only vacuum full or reindex or
> cluster.

Just to share my experiences- I've found that creating a new table and
inserting into it is actually faster than doing full-table updates, if
that's an option for you.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: How to best use 32 15k.7 300GB drives?
Сообщение: Re: How to best use 32 15k.7 300GB drives?