От: Andres Freund
Тема: Re: High load,
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

High load,  (Michael Kohl, )
 Re: High load,  (Cédric Villemain, )
  Re: High load,  (Michael Kohl, )
   Re: High load,  (Cédric Villemain, )
   Re: High load,  (Jignesh Shah, )
  Re: High load,  (Andres Freund, )
   Re: High load,  (Cédric Villemain, )
    Re: High load,  (Andres Freund, )
 Re: High load,  (Michael Kohl, )
 Re: High load,  (Justin Pitts, )
 Re: High load,  (Andy Colson, )
  Re: High load,  (Michael Kohl, )
   Re: High load,  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: High load,  (Michael Kohl, )
     Re: High load,  (Mladen Gogala, )
   Re: High load,  (Andy Colson, )
    Re: High load,  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: High load,  (Stephen Frost, )
  Re: High load,  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: High load,  (Andres Freund, )
 Re: High load,  ("Ing. Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda", )
 Re: High load,  (Ivan Voras, )
 Re: High load,  (Robert Haas, )
 Re: High load,  (Greg Smith, )

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 07:13:17 PM Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Stephen Frost <> wrote:
> > * Michael Kohl () wrote:
> >> HDD: 2x 120 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD; RAID 1
> >
> > I'm amazed no one else has mentioned this yet, but you should look into
> > splitting your data and your WALs.  Obviously, having another set of
> > SSDs to put your WALs on would be ideal.
>
> Actually spinning media would be a better choice.  A pair of fast
> 15krpm drives in a mirror will almost always outrun an SSD for
> sequential write speed.  Even meh-grade 7200RPM SATA drives will win.
Unless he is bulk loading or running with synchronous_commit=off sequential
speed wont be the limit for WAL. The number of syncs will be the limit.

Andres

От: Alan Hodgson
Сообщение: Re: How to best use 32 15k.7 300GB drives?
От: Robert Schnabel
Сообщение: Re: How to best use 32 15k.7 300GB drives?