От: Andres Freund
Тема: Re: High load,
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

High load,  (Michael Kohl, )
 Re: High load,  (Cédric Villemain, )
  Re: High load,  (Michael Kohl, )
   Re: High load,  (Cédric Villemain, )
   Re: High load,  (Jignesh Shah, )
  Re: High load,  (Andres Freund, )
   Re: High load,  (Cédric Villemain, )
    Re: High load,  (Andres Freund, )
 Re: High load,  (Michael Kohl, )
 Re: High load,  (Justin Pitts, )
 Re: High load,  (Andy Colson, )
  Re: High load,  (Michael Kohl, )
   Re: High load,  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: High load,  (Michael Kohl, )
     Re: High load,  (Mladen Gogala, )
   Re: High load,  (Andy Colson, )
    Re: High load,  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: High load,  (Stephen Frost, )
  Re: High load,  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: High load,  (Andres Freund, )
 Re: High load,  ("Ing. Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda", )
 Re: High load,  (Ivan Voras, )
 Re: High load,  (Robert Haas, )
 Re: High load,  (Greg Smith, )

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 02:23:48 PM Cédric Villemain wrote:

> >> 128MB is usualy enough
> >
> > Uhm, I don't want to be picky, but thats not really my experience. Sorts
> > for index creation are highly dependent on a high m_w_m. Quite regularly
> > I find the existing 1GB limit a probleme here...
>
> That is right for index creation, but not for 'pure' maintenance
> stuff. Once the database is running as usual, there is no really point
> to give auto-vacuum or auto-analyze much more (depend on the raid card
> memory too ...)
Even that I cannot agree with, sorry ;-). If you have a database with much
churn a high m_w_m helps to avoid multiple scans during vacuum of the database
because the amount of dead tuples doesn't fit m_w_m.

Andres

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: High load,
От: DM
Сообщение: Re: pgbench - tps for Postgresql-9.0.2 is more than tps for Postgresql-8.4.1