Re: Why can't I change a password

От Steve Litt
Тема Re: Why can't I change a password
Дата
Re: Why can't I change a password
Список pgsql-general
On Sunday 16 January 2011 16:02:12 Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> If you have configured PG to listen on a TCP/IP port (5432 by default),
> you can also do:
>
>    psql -U postgres -h localhost super
>
> Ray.

Thanks Ray,

You were sooooo close! The command that works is this:

psql -U super -h localhost super

That's because the super database is owned by the super user, in this
particular case. Interestingly enough, even though I've set my port to be 5433
instead of 5432, it wasn't necessary for me to add -p 5433.

Your method has the big benefit of being able to supervise from a Postgres
Superuser who doesn't have a Linux account (super, in this case). Thanks for
the info!

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

Сообщение: Re: Why can't I change a password
Сообщение: Re: Why can't I change a password