Re: Why can't I change a password

От Steve Litt
Тема Re: Why can't I change a password
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sunday 16 January 2011 16:02:12 Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> If you have configured PG to listen on a TCP/IP port (5432 by default),
> you can also do:
>
>    psql -U postgres -h localhost super
>
> Ray.

Thanks Ray,

My psql seems a lot different from others. Loook what happened:

slitt@mydesk:~$ psql -U postgres -h localhost super
Password for user postgres:
psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
slitt@mydesk:~$ psql -U postgres -h 127.0.0.1 super
Password for user postgres:
psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
slitt@mydesk:~$

My postgresql.conf configures the port at 5433 instead of 5432, so I also
tried this:

slitt@mydesk:~$ psql -U postgres -h localhost -p 5433 super
Password for user postgres:
psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
slitt@mydesk:~$

Thanks

Steve

Steve Litt