array_agg-like thing over arrays

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема array_agg-like thing over arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I could swear I remember being able to do this in the past, but it
doesn't seem I can remember how, and I have been unable to find
anything in The Fine Materials.

I want to produce the output of rows of arrays as an aggregated array:

create table eg1 (class_id int, item_id int8, arrayofstuff text[]);

SELECT item_id, array_agg(arrayofstuff) from eg1 WHERE class_id = 1;

But this, of course, gives an ERROR:  could not find array type for data type text[].

What am I missing, or have I just misremembered that this was ever
possible?

Thanks,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca