Re: Psycgop1 vs Psycopg2

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Psycgop1 vs Psycopg2
Дата
Список psycopg
On Friday 14 January 2011 5:58:42 am Richard Harley wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Daniel.
>
> The escaped characters are causing problems for instance in this query:
>
> INSERT INTO REGISTER (studentid, code) VALUES ('5632', '\')
>
> In psycopg1 this works perfectly. In psycopg2 the \ escapes the next
> character and causes a syntax error at the postgres level. At least this is
> what I think is happening.. the versions of postgres I am testing on are
> the same - 8.1, and Zope above that. I am concerned that altering how
> postgres escapes characters would cause problems elsewhere. Do you advise
> to upgrade to psycopg2 in production environment ?
> Thanks
> Richard
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Daniele Varrazzo <

Honestly this is not enough to go on. What is needed per Danieles previous post:

1) The query.
2) The arguments/parameters to the query and method used the pass them to the
query
3) What you expected to show up in the database
4) What did show up in the database if anything.
5) The status of standard_conforming_strings. In 8.1 though it was just
informational and did not actually do anything.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Please help fixing a couple of zope-related issues
Сообщение: Re: Please help fixing a couple of zope-related issues