Re: To know what a macro does

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: To know what a macro does
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Werner Echezuria <wercool@gmail.com> writes:
> Later in planner.c on grouping_planner function I do something like this:

Well, you've omitted showing us the code where the problem is likely to
be, but I am kinda thinking that you've shot yourself in the foot by
trying to represent your special ordering clause as a simple constant.
The planner is quite smart enough to throw away "order by constant"
as a no-op.  By the time you get down to the pathkey logic it's just
going to be ignoring that clause entirely; and if you try to brute-force
it you're more than likely going to break something.

Rather than kluging up any of this code, I wonder whether you couldn't
represent your fuzzy sorting requirement as ORDER BY some_function(...)
and put all the smarts into that function.