Re: [HACKERS] type coerce problem with lztext

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] type coerce problem with lztext
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> New lztext data type for compressed text fields

> I strongly suggest to not name this new feature. All the attempts to make
> it go away silently in 7.1 will get a blow in the face from this.

People *will* use it, if it's there.  Don't fool yourself.

However, we can make it "go away silently" the same way we are making
datetime go away: the 7.1 (or whatever) parser can just translate the
typename lztext to text.  If that weren't feasible then I'd be pretty
worried too.