Re: directory archive format for pg_dump

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: directory archive format for pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 16 December 2010 23:34:02 Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 17.12.2010 00:29, Andres Freund wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 December 2010 19:33:10 Joachim Wieland wrote:

> >> How exactly would you "just split the table in chunks of roughly the
> >> same size" ? Which queries should pg_dump send to the backend? If it
> >> just sends a bunch of WHERE queries, the server would still scan the
> >> same data several times since each pg_dump client would result in a
> >> seqscan over the full table.
> >
> > I would suggest implementing<  >  support for tidscans and doing it in
> > segment size...
>
> I don't think there's any particular gain from matching the server's
> data file segment size, although 1GB does sound like a good chunk size
> for this too.
Its noticeable more efficient reading from different files in different processes
in comparison to all hammering the same file.

Andres

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: directory archive format for pg_dump