Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:48:54PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 9:15 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> >> Patch attached. If you think my changes are ok,
> >> please change the patch status to "Ready for Committer".
> >
> > Done :)
>
> I have committed part of this patch.

Great!

> The rest is attached.  I don't know that there's any problem with
> it, but I ran out of steam.

The issue with not committing it is that having a two-word condition
(INSTEAD OF vs. BEFORE or AFTER) means that thing that know about
preceding BEFORE or AFTER now have to look one word further backward,
at least as tab completion works now.

That we're in the position of having prevN_wd for N = 1..5 as the
current code exists is a sign that we need to refactor the whole
thing, as you've suggested before.

I'll work up a design and prototype for this by this weekend.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!