Re: CommitFest wrap-up

От David Fetter
Тема Re: CommitFest wrap-up
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:37:52PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> We're now just a day or two from the end of this CommitFest and there
> are still a LOT of open patches - to be specific, 23.Here's a brief
> synopsis of where we are with the others, all IMO of course.

[snip]
> - Writeable CTEs - I think we need Tom to pick this one up.

What is it about this that's so complex?  It's not like it could
impinge on previous functionality, at least at the SQL level.

> - Tab completion in psql for triggers on views - Added to CF late,
> suggest we bump it to the next CF where it will have a leg up by
> virtue of already being marked Ready for Committer.

People are, by the way, allowed to commit patches outside of CFs.  I
had submitted it imagining that its triviality would allow this, which
is why it got into the CF late in the first place.

[etc., etc., etc.]

> All in all it's disappointing to have so many major patches
> outstanding at this point in the CommitFest, but I think we're just
> going to have to make the best of it.

I'm thinking that given all these givens, we should make the best of
it with more CF in March.  We don't want a repeat of the "last-minute
giant change" anti-pattern, and even if we're releasing 9.1 in July,
three months plus is plenty of time to shake things out.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: proposal : cross-column stats
Сообщение: Re: proposal : cross-column stats