Re: [HACKERS] Improved JDBC driver part 2

От David Fetter
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Improved JDBC driver part 2
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 07:27:59AM -0500, Lew wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >Is there any particular reason why this work can't be maintained as
> >a branch to the main driver?  My understanding is your work is
> >based off that one?  Being able to work like that would make things
> >a lot easier to review.
> >
> >That said, such a process would also be a lot easier if the JDBC
> >driver wasn't in cvs ;)
>
> Why is that a problem?

Because to an excellent approximation, in practice, CVS does not
actually provide the ability to branch and merge, which means that
patches like Radoslav's are developed pretty much in isolation.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Improved JDBC driver part 2
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Improved JDBC driver part 2