Re: duplicate connection failure messages

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: duplicate connection failure messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > > Yep, even worse.  I have applied the attached patch, which gives me the
> > > right IPv4 value.  I can't test IPv6.
> >
> > We're back to
> >
> > psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
> >         Is the server running on host "localhost" (???) and accepting
> >         TCP/IP connections on port 55555?
> > could not connect to server: Connection refused
> >         Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting
> >         TCP/IP connections on port 55555?
>
> OK, good.  :-O  I just realize I can easily test this on Ubuntu so let
> me get that working now.

OK, Tom and I both found the problem --- our data type assumed INET6 was
INET + 1, while libc had other ideas.  Here is the new, I guess correct,
output from Ubuntu:
$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -h localhost testpsql: could not connect to server: Connection refused    Is the server
runningon host "localhost" (::) and accepting    TCP/IP connections on port 5432?could not connect to server:
Connectionrefused    Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) andaccepting    TCP/IP connections on port
5432?

Is "::" correct?

http://enterprisedb.com