Re: EXPLAIN and nfiltered

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: EXPLAIN and nfiltered
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 18 November 2010 16:45:23 Marko Tiikkaja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a patch for showing in EXPLAIN ANALYZE the number of rows a plan
> qual filtered from a node's input.  The output looks like this:
If it supports the same for index-scans I *really* like it and even proposed a
patch earlier (4A16A8AF.2080508@anarazel.de)
I still find myself constantly wishing to have something like that...
Especially when wondering if it might be worthwile to add another column
(which is implemented as an additional qual atm) should get included in a
multiicolumn index.

It was shot down at the time because it might break some explain-parsers
expectations. Imho that argument is less valid these days.

Andres

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: final patch - plpgsql: for-in-array
От: Marko Tiikkaja
Сообщение: Re: EXPLAIN and nfiltered