Re: MULTISET and additional functions for ARRAY

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: MULTISET and additional functions for ARRAY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday 15 November 2010 09:47:15 Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 14:37, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Maybe can be useful to implement a searching on sorted array.
> > You can hold a flag if multiset is sorted or not.
>
> Are you suggesting to add an IS_SORTED bit to for each ArrayType value?
> It might be possible, but I'm not sure how much it is useful.
I actually wished for that several times and solved it by putting up
is_sorted() constraints everywhere, but its a pain and restricts generallity.

(One was e.g. for implementing an efficent array_union() aggregate).

Andres

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: MULTISET and additional functions for ARRAY
От: Bernd Helmle
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improved parallel make support