Re: max_wal_senders must die

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: max_wal_senders must die
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:

> > None of us know.  What I do know is that I don't want PostgreSQL to be
> > slower out of the box.
>
> Understandable.  So it seems like the answer is getting replication down
> to one configuration variable for the common case.  That eliminates the
> cycle of "oops, need to set X and restart/reload" without paying
> performance penalties on standalone servers.

Right.  I propose that we set max_wal_senders to unlimited when
wal_level = hot_standby.  When they tell us they are using hot_standby
via wal_level, why make them change another setting (max_wal_senders)?

Basically, we don't need to turn everything on by default, but some
settings should trigger other behavior automatically.

http://enterprisedb.com