Re: duplicate connection failure messages

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: duplicate connection failure messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I have developed the attached patch to report whether IPv4 or IPv6 are
> > being used.
>
> What's the use of that exactly?  It doesn't really respond to Peter's
> concern, I think.

Peter liked:

> And I agree it's not very friendly in this specific case - I
> wonder if we should log it as "localhost (127.0.0.1) and "localhost
> (::1)" (and similar for any other case that returns more than one
> address).

What this will show is:
localhost (IPv4)localhost (IPv6)

Is that good?  I can't figure out how to do ::1 because when you supply
a host _name_, there is no reverse mapping done.  Looking at the code,
we test for a host name, then a host ip, and don't assume they are both
set.

http://enterprisedb.com