Re: wCTE behaviour

От David Fetter
Тема Re: wCTE behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 04:15:34AM +0200, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The discussion around wCTE during the last week or so has brought to
> my attention that we don't actually have a consensus on how exactly
> wCTEs should behave.  The question seems to be whether or not a
> statement should see the modifications of statements ran before it.
> While I think making the modifications visible would be a lot more
> intuitive, it's not clear how we'd optimize the execution in the
> future without changing the behaviour (triggers are a big concern).

+1 for letting writeable CTEs see the results of previous CTEs, just
as current non-writeable ones do.  A lot of the useful cases for this
feature depend on this visibility.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Don't unblock SIGQUIT in the SIGQUIT handler This was possibly