Re: Major Linux performance regression; shouldn't we be worried about RHEL6?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Major Linux performance regression; shouldn't we be worried about RHEL6?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Friday 05 November 2010 21:15:20 Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Domas (of Facebook/Wikipedia, MySQL geek) pointed me to this report:
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_perf_regressions&n
I guess thats the O_DSYNC thingy.  See the "Defaulting wal_sync_method to
fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?" (performance) and "Revert default wal_sync_method
to fdatasync on Linux 2.6.33+" on hackers.

O_DSYNC got finally properly implemented on linux with 2.6.33 (and thus 2.6.32-
rc1).

> um=1 http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ext4_then_now&num=6
That one looks pretty uninteresting. Barriers are slower then no barriers. No
surprise there.

Andres

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Major Linux performance regression; shouldn't we be worried about RHEL6?
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Bufer cache replacement LRU algorithm?