Re: Paradox to postgresql interface

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Paradox to postgresql interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 29 October 2010 5:16:14 pm Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 18:34 -0500, Dale Seaburg wrote:
> > Has anyone had any experience with writing an interface between Paradox
> > (199X's vintage) and postgresql.  I have the need to be able to read a
> > paradox database to "see" it's structure, replicate that structure in
> > postgresql and finally transfer the data to postgresql.
>
> Sure.
>
> As I recall paradox just uses the dbf file format. So write an interface
> with a dbf driver (perl, python, etc...) and use your native postgresql
> interface.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

A quick Google search found this:
http://pxlib.sourceforge.net/pxview/index.php

On Windows if you have Access it should have a Paradox driver. I have also used
OpenOffice Base to convert dBase files.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Paradox to postgresql interface
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Unhandled exception in PGAdmin when opening 16-million-record table