Re: Full text search in Chinese

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: Full text search in Chinese
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 11:42 AM 10/25/2010, Mike Chamberlain wrote:
>Has anyone implemented FTS in Chinese on PG? Â I
>guess I need a Chinese ispell dictionary and
>parser, neither of which I can find after a lot of googling.
>
>I have a bounty on this question on Stackoverflow if anyone wants to claim it:
>

><http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3994504/how-do-i-implement-full-text-search-in-chinese-on-postgresql>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3994504/how-do-i-implement-full-text-search-in-chinese-on-postgresql
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike

What sort of usage would you be expecting? e.g. search terms.

Written chinese is a character based language,
not an alphabet style language. To complicate
things a bit, there are two main character sets-
Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.

Chinese characters would be the equivalent of an
English keyword. But lots of "words"/"meanings"
would require two or more characters. You might
be able to handle this similar to the way english
phrases are handled (indexed and searched for),
after all "bee's knees" usually means a different
thing from the actual bee's knees.

Japanese on the other hand, has _three_ main
scripts. Two for "alphabet style", and one "chinese character style"...

Regards,

Link.