Re: Simplifying replication

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Simplifying replication
Дата
Re: Simplifying replication  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Greg,
>
> > The way things stand you *always* need archived logs. Even if you have
> > streaming set up it might try to use archived logs if it falls too far
> > behind.
>
> Actually, you don't.  If you're willing to accept possible
> desynchronization and recloning of the standbys, then you can skip the
> archive logs.

Agreed, but as a reality check:  when I proposed that wal_keep_segments
= -1 would keep all WAL segments (for use while the file system was
being backed up), I was told administrators shoud compute how much free
disk space they had.  Obviously easy of use is not our #1 priority.

http://enterprisedb.com