Re: Prepared statements and unknown types

От Peter Bex
Тема Re: Prepared statements and unknown types
Дата
Re: Prepared statements and unknown types  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 07:33:53PM +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> Okay, I understand what's happening.  But does the planner need to
> understand the type of literals in the select list if it's not used
> anywhere else?

Fields sent back to the client also carry their type with them.
There's no "unknown" type (and it wouldn't be very useful in any
case, because how would you go about displaying an unknown type?)

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx