Re: security label support, revised

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: security label support, revised
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The point is that SECURITY LABEL, as coded, will fail utterly unless
> there is a label provider loaded.  So you can't actually run it and
> check the results in the catalog without loading a contrib module.

Urgh, yes, point.  Well, we could test that it errors out correctly. :)

Another thought might be to allow the "check if a module is loaded
before doing things" to be a postgresql.conf option that is disabled in
the regression testing..  If you can modify postgresql.conf you can
remove the module anyway..  Interesting question as to if we should
auto-fail queries against objects which have labels when no security
module is loaded.  Have we discussed that yet?
Thanks,
    Stephen