Re: trying to use libpq in Ubuntu

От Joshua J. Kugler
Тема Re: trying to use libpq in Ubuntu
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 21 September 2010, Henri De Feraudy elucidated thus:
> Hello,
>  I have developed an application in C++ under Qt in Windows XP, now I
> would like to port it to Ubuntu GNU/Linux.
> Choosing the libraries in Windows was a piece of cake: the bottom of
> my Qt qmake project file was
> win32 {
>     LIBS += "C:\Progra~1\PostgreSQL\8.4\lib\libpq.lib"
>     INCLUDEPATH += "C:\Progra~1\PostgreSQL\8.4\include"
> }
> linux-g++ {
>     LIBS += /usr/lib/libpq.a
>     INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/postgresql
> }
>
> This works fine in Windows, but in Ubuntu there are more than a
> hundred undefined symbols, like references to ldap
> Does anyone have a sample project file or suggestions?

If you are using Qt, why not use the Qt database abstraction classes?
That will save you having to compile directly against the Pg libraries.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A