Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> [100917 11:24]:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 09:36 -0400, Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> >
> >> I want to have them configured in a fsync WAL/style sync rep, I want to
> >> make sure that if the master comes up first after I get power back, it's
> >> not going to be claiming transactions are committed while the slave
> >> (which happens to have 4x the disks because it keeps PITR backups for a
> >> period too) it still chugging away on SCSI probes yet, not gotten to
> >> having PostgreSQL up yet...
> >
> > Nobody has mentioned the ability to persist the not-committed state
> > across a crash before, and I think it's an important discussion point.
>
> Eh?  I think all Aidan is asking for is the ability to have a mode
> where sync rep is really always sync, or nothing commits.  Rather than
> timing out and continuing merrily on its way...

Right, I'm not asking for a "new" mode.  I'm just hope that there will
be a way to guarantee my "sync rep" is actually replicating.  Having it
"not replicate" simply because no slave has (yet) connected means I have
to dance jigs around pg_hba.conf so that it won't allow non-replication
connections until I've manual verified that the replication slave
is connected...

a.
aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,