Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> [100917 07:57]:
>                 Synchronous replication is basically used to reduce the
> downtime, and "wait forever" option opposes that.

Hm... I'm not sure I'ld agree with that.  I'ld rather have some
downtime, and my data available, then have less downtime, but find that
I'm missing valuable data that was committed, but happend to not be
replicated because no slave was available "yet".

Sync rep is about "data availability", "data recoverability", *and*
"downtime".  The three are definitely related, but each use has their
own tradeoffs.

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,