Re: missing chunk number 497 for toast value 504723663

От Joshua J. Kugler
Тема Re: missing chunk number 497 for toast value 504723663
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 17 September 2010, Tom Lane elucidated thus:
> "Joshua J. Kugler" <joshua@eeinternet.com> writes:
> > On Thursday 16 September 2010, Tom Lane elucidated thus:
> >> Update.  Whatever reasons you might have for running 7.3.2 are bad
> >> ones.
> >
> > Disclaimer: I agree with Tom; running 7.3.2 is a bad idea.
> >
> > That said: like he said, he can't. He's running RHEL 4.0.
> > Presumably he is on a support contract, so moving to non-system
> > software means he no longer has vendor support and upgrades for the
> > packages installed on his system.  Pg 7.3.x is what came with RHEL
> > 4.
>
> No, it wasn't.  Red Hat shipped 7.4.x on RHEL-4, and the current
> package there is 7.4.29.  Red Hat did ship 7.3.x on RHEL-3, and the
> current package there is 7.3.21 + several back-ported patches.  7.3.2
> hasn't been current on any Red Hat distro since 2003.  I know because
> I do the work.
>
> If he is depending on a third party vendor that can't be bothered to
> update past 7.3.2, he needs to find a less incompetent vendor.
> Pronto, before he loses more data to their incompetence.

I apologize. I went to look at packages, and must have seen the '7' and
it didn't click that it was 7.4.  I must have scanned too fast.  So
yes, that is *VERY* weird that he is running RHEL 4, but only Pg 7.3.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A

Сообщение: Re: Alter Table Command Rearranges Rows
Сообщение: Re: Alter Table Command Rearranges Rows