Re: missing chunk number 497 for toast value 504723663

От Joshua J. Kugler
Тема Re: missing chunk number 497 for toast value 504723663
Дата
Re: missing chunk number 497 for toast value 504723663  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 16 September 2010, Tom Lane elucidated thus:
> "Utsav Turray" <utsav.turray@newgen.co.in> writes:
> > I am using postgres  7.3.2  on RHEL 4.0.
>
> Egad.
>
> > Secondly what are probable  reasons behind corruption and what can
> > we do to prevent this error.
>
> Update.  Whatever reasons you might have for running 7.3.2 are bad
> ones.

Disclaimer: I agree with Tom; running 7.3.2 is a bad idea.

That said: like he said, he can't. He's running RHEL 4.0. Presumably he
is on a support contract, so moving to non-system software means he no
longer has vendor support and upgrades for the packages installed on
his system.  Pg 7.3.x is what came with RHEL 4.  Considering RHEL 3
will EOL (finally) at the end of October, RH is going to be supporting
Pg 7.3 for quite a while.  Hopefully they'll back port security fixes.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A