BUG #5661: The character encoding in logfile is confusing.

От Mikio
Тема BUG #5661: The character encoding in logfile is confusing.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5661
Logged by:          Mikio
Email address:      tkbysh2000@yahoo.co.jp
PostgreSQL version: 9.0 RC1
Operating system:   Windows XP SP3 Japanese
Details:

I'm using postgresql 9.0 rc1 on Japanese Windows XP.
I found character encoding is confusing in log files in pg_log directory.
Default character encoding of all of databases are UTF-8, and almost message
strings in log files are described by UTF-8 correctly.
But few lines are described by EUC_JP.
So 2 character encoding strings are existing in 1 log file and I can't read
the messages parts of logs.
Incidentally, client_encoding in postgresql.conf is commented out.

Thank you.