Re: Post Install / Secure PostgreSQL

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: Post Install / Secure PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On September 14, 2010 09:50:30 am Carlos Mennens wrote:
> Obviously there appears to be a specific password for both accounts
> which I think are completely seperate from the Linux shell passwords,
> right?

PostgreSQL has internal passwords for roles which can be set with "alter role"
or while creating roles.

However ..

The default setup allows "trust" access which means it trusts local system
accounts to login as the same roles in Pg without specifying a password.

It is also possible to setup Pg in such a way that it uses the system
passwords via PAM without consulting the internal password.

Сообщение: Re: Post Install / Secure PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Post Install / Secure PostgreSQL