Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements
Дата
Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements  (Thom Brown <thom@linux.com>)
Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-www
Thom Brown wrote:

> >> The font size shown in your 2nd screenshot looks smaller than the
> >> existing docs. ?I did a comparison of Magnus' version and the live
> >> version. ?The same monospace example in both renders the font as
> >> precisely a calculated 12.7667px.
> >>
> >> In fact it looks more like the proportional font is too small. ?My
> >> value for that is still at the default value of 16. ?Does yours
> >> differ?
> >
> > Here is what I think you want to see. ?This is my screen with
> > proportional and fixed set to 14, with javascript turned off:
> >
> > ? ? ? ?http://momjian.us/tmp/pg_manual3.png
> >
> > That looks right. ?This is Ubuntu with Firefox 3.6.9.
> >
> > And this is the display of my font defaults:
> >
> > ? ? ? ?http://momjian.us/tmp/fonts.png
> >
> > Does that help?
>
> Yes, according to these, the proportional font defaults to 16px:
> http://nst.sourceforge.net/nst/docs/tech/ch02s04.html
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080211131203AA6CErK

OK, so why are we not just setting the fixed-width font to be the same
size as the proportional?  We are mixing the two types in the same
paragraph, so why not just set them the same?  Using the javascript I
sent, you can probe for the preference settings.

http://enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements