pgbench could not send data to client: Broken pipe

От David Kerr
Тема pgbench could not send data to client: Broken pipe
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Howdy,

I'm running pgbench with a fairly large # of clients and getting this error in my PG log file.

Here's the command:
./pgbench -c 1100 testdb -l

I get:
LOG:  could not send data to client: Broken pipe

(I had to modify the pgbench.c file to make it go that high, i changed:
MAXCLIENTS = 2048

I thought maybe i was running out of resources so i checked my ulimits:

 ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) unlimited
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) unlimited
open files                      (-n) 2048
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) unlimited
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) unlimited
max user processes              (-u) unlimited

This is Pg 8.3.10. Redhat 64bit, the system has 48 cores, 256G of ram..

Any idea what would be causing the error?

thanks

Dave