Re: Performance Farm Release

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Performance Farm Release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin,

* Kevin Grittner (Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov) wrote:
> Would this project be useful for someone trying to assess the
> performance impact of a proposed patch (at least on the developer's
> machine)?  What would someone do to use it in this way?

The goal is to have this running in a similar manner as the build farm
to identify when a patch has an impact on performance (good or bad).
Hackers would then be able to view performance farm reports similar to
viewing build farm reports.  Not sure if we'd have alerts or something,
but I'd think in alot of cases a given hacker would know that they're
commiting something performance-impacting (or saw someone else commit
something that could be) and they'd go check out the performance farm
reports a few days later to determine if there was a change.
Thanks,
    Stephen